---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter / googlemail.com>
Date: 2008/9/26
Subject: Re: [ruby-core:18872] [RIP] Guy Decoux.
To: ruby-core / ruby-lang.org

2008/9/25 Jean-Franis Tr <jftran / rubyfrance.org>:
> I'm sad to announce you Guy Decoux's death in the beginning of the month
> of July 20008. He was 53 years old. He died accidentally, intoxicated by
> the smokes of the fire that took place during the night in his flat in
> Louveciennes (near Paris).

It took me a while to discover this sad news in the pile of messages.
I am very sad to hear this.  What a tragedy this is.  I miss him
although I never met him in person.  His postings were among the most
important that guided me through my earlier Ruby days. Guy, you left
far too early.

I support the idea of naming the grant program after him. I do not
think it is a good idea to name a release after him.

robert