2008/9/25 Dave Thomas :

>> I'm sad to announce you Guy Decoux's death in the beginning of the month
>> of July 20008.
>
> Like everyone else, I'll miss his presence, and his wit.
>
> A suggestion. Ruby Central was, I believe, thinking of a grant program at
> some point in the future. Could his name somehow be associated with these
> grants? ts gave a lot to the community. It would seem fit to use his name
> when the community itself gives something to others.

Another suggestion (not incompatible) is dedicating a future Ruby release
to him. I haven't got a lot of examples in mind, but it's sometimes
done in Open Source communities. For instance, the Debian 2.2 is
the Joel "Espy" Klecker Release.

But given his character, I'm not sure he would like this kind of honor
if this gesture was done in his time of living. He would prefer stay
in the shadow. I don't know.

   -- Jean-FraníÐis.