On Sep 25, 2008, at 7:45 AM, Dave Thomas wrote:

> A suggestion. Ruby Central was, I believe, thinking of a grant
> program at some point in the future. Could his name somehow be
> associated with these grants? ts gave a lot to the community. It
> would seem fit to use his name when the community itself gives
> something to others.

that's a fantastic idea dave.  matz, i don't think it's ever been done  efore, but have you ever considered honoring ruby's people into the
language itself?  Ruby.decoux.  Ruby.matz.  Ruby.nobu. or maybe just
'require "people"' - People.decoux, etc.  what would these methods
do?  maybe return something about them, or maybe something different.   've never been able to explain why i felt ruby was a different
community but the fact that i would even suggest this in public must
explain it somehow.

one thing i discovered about guy long ago when he was helping me
offline: he hated revision control.  the reason?  he had 'm˝╬oire
d'˝═˝Đhant' - a photographic memory.  apparently he *liked* to forget
things when possible.

maybe http://decoux.ruby-lang.org/  would be a good pastie name for
ruby - given this propensity to never forget?

i'll miss guy.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama