rubyencoder.com:

"The RubyEncoder protects Ruby scripts by compiling Ruby source code
into a bytecode format and this is followed by encryption. This protects
your scripts from reverse engineering. Ruby scripts protected with
RubyEncoder can be executed but cannot be used to extract Ruby source
code as there is no source code remaining within the protected script in
any form."

I do not see how this is possible, even in principle.

Unless you have rewritten ruby in a *serious* way via redesigning the
AST.  The AST is buck-naked exposed in memory, flapping its genitals for
all to see.  And even if you did rewrite eval.c, (1) I would expect
serious compatibility problems, and (2) your new AST could be
reverse-engineered.

That leaves you with code obfuscation -- renaming constants, variables,
etc.  Which is all fine and good.  But that is all you have.

But don't get me wrong -- your product may be useful.  Obfuscation may
suffice for the level of "protection" desired (not much, but perhaps
sufficient).  However the other claims being made on the website are not
true, and could not be true even in principle.

To summarize, if you knew that someone could extract the full ruby
source from your rubyencoder'd application, minus nice variable and
constant names, would be sorry that you paid 300 USD?  And would you
feel mislead by the advertising?