Ade Inovica wrote:

> Sascha, I agree with James that its worth looking at making it a java
> app. May I also suggest you try www.rubyencoder.com which is a project
> I've been working on (disclaimer!).  There are a few different ways of
> doing what you want, however you need to look at whether you really need
> to protect it. What kind of commercial application are you creating and
> what is the market for it?  We created ours as we needed to install a
> legacy app on someones server and we were concerned about the code being
> open, but I think most people don't have these needs.  Let me know if
> you need some help.
>
> Ade

Ade, thank you for your suggestion. I have tried www.rubyencoder.com
quickly and it looks like it does what we need. Now I think I need to
spend some more time to check how it will work with our code. Not much
code though yet as we just started the project :) Making a java app is
good idea too although this rubyencoder is very easy to use.

Thanks