Sasha Bee wrote:
> We are just starting a new project and it is going to be a commercial
> application. So we have a reasonable question now - how can we protect
> our code? I have searched the web but found nothing really useful. Can
> anyone suggest any solutions or ideas about code protection for Ruby?
>
> Thanks

Sascha, I agree with James that its worth looking at making it a java
app. May I also suggest you try www.rubyencoder.com which is a project
I've been working on (disclaimer!).  There are a few different ways of
doing what you want, however you need to look at whether you really need
to protect it. What kind of commercial application are you creating and
what is the market for it?  We created ours as we needed to install a
legacy app on someones server and we were concerned about the code being
open, but I think most people don't have these needs.  Let me know if
you need some help.

Ade