Junkone wrote:
> On Sep 20, 11:15?pm, Tim Pease <tim.pe... / gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Blessings,
>> TwP
>
> i tried as you suggested and have a few q.
> i am trying to run a ruby prog to execute if there is any new file in
> a directory. i started out with the examples but am a little confused
> on how to useit.
> this prog seems to be looking at the current directory where it is
> running and not where i had specificed it to watch with dw.glob.
>
> appreciate any help.
>
> seede

(...)
Hm, I can't get it to work either (on WinXP).

require 'directory_watcher'
   dw = DirectoryWatcher.new 'D:/temp/'
   dw.interval=5
   dw.add_observer {|*args| args.each {|event| puts event}}
   dw.start
   gets
   dw.stop

It does display the files ("added 'D:/temp/Pink_Pajamas.amv'" etc), but
after that you can delete, add and edit files without directory_watcher
noticing anything. Is it broken on windows or am I doing something
wrong?

Regards,

Siep