Ken Bloom wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 02:41:12 -0500, Brian Candler wrote:
>
>> Scroll down to "A Sponsored Dragon-Slaying" and enjoy.
> Aside from being entertaining, what does this have to do with embedding
> Ruby in a C-based MUD engine?

OK, I missed the smiley, <aside> tag etc.

For a more useful link, see
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/ext_ruby.html

The section "Embedding a Ruby Interpreter" is brief, but much of the
preceding stuff about VALUE and so on is relevant. There's enough to get
started with experimenting anyway.

In any case, a simple Google for "embedded ruby" turns up a bunch of
useful stuff. The first hit is http://metaeditor.sourceforge.net/embed/

None of that is specific to the problem domain of MUDs (apart from
_why's page), but once you have an embedded ruby interpreter, what you
do with it is up to you.

I'd question why you'd want to write any of the rest of it in C, but
that's a different issue :-)