Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:03149] Retrieving the hostname and port in net/http"
    on 00/06/07, Roland Jesse <jesse / cs.uni-magdeburg.de> writes:

|I have an URL I want to access in a ruby program with the addition of
|posting some form data to it afterwards. The problem, though, is that
|I have to post the form data to the new URL that I get refered to when
|opening the one mentioned above. Like this:

Net::HTTPResponse does not have `base' method (yet).

You can retrieve base url by

  resp, data = host.get( cgiURL, nil) # (1)
  uri = resp['Content-Base'] || resp['Content-Location'] || resp['Base']

In addition, uri.rb, which can be found in RAA (not bundled in the
distribution yet), may help you.

  RAA        http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa.html

							matz.