On Sep 22, 9:09=A0am, "Thomas B." <tpr... / gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that it's a better idea to have a constant table with names of
> methods that should be ported from String to Symbol, and compare the
> missing method's name against this table.

That limits the utility too much, because then one can't extend String
and have Symbol just work too.

I like the method_missing idea, but I fear it is slightly too
dangerous to make a standard behavior. Unless someone proves my fears
to be unfounded, then using something like #re_s is the safe bet.

T.