On Sep 22, 2008, at 7:41 AM, Robert Klemme wrote:

> Am 19. September 2008 22:52 schrieb Jens Wille <jens.wille / uni-koeln.de
> >:
>> We, the prometheus image archive at the University of Cologne
>> (Germany), would like you to take note of the following job
>> announcement for a full-time software developer position in Cologne,
>> Germany. In addition, we'd like to emphasize that the contract is
>> limited in time due to formal reasons only. We definitely aim at
>> extending it.
>>
>> We look forward to receiving your applications!
>
> First of all this is an English group so placing a job offer in German
> is at least impolite towards the majority of people around here.
> Second, since you are looking for a Rails guy a Rails specific forum
> would have been a far better place to put this.  Please give a little
> more thought when posting stuff like this.
>
> Regards
>
> robert
> --
> use.inject do |as, often| as.you_can - without end

I think this is fine.  It had a "[JOB]" tag in the subject, an English
introductory paragraph, and finally a job description.  I presume that
to be an acceptable candidate for the job, you need to know German (at
least read it?) and anyone who can't wouldn't be wanted.  Since I
might be tempted to read the whole thing if it were in English, I'm
actually saved some time by the German.

While the group tends to prefer English-only discussions, it is
certainly a global group.

-Rob

Rob / AgileConsultingLLC.com