matt neuburg wrote:
> Now, however, I have regenerated my ri documentation once again with
> this new version of RDoc and things seem to be working just fine with
> "ri". That's great! It's fast, and the new interactive mode is a great
> help.
>
> But there's just one thing. "ri File#read" still doesn't work ("Nothing
> known about File.read"). Is this because the 1.8.6 source files are
> faulty?
>
> Thx - m.
I think that I'm able to reproduce the symptoms.  This occurs for me
because the documentation that came with Ruby 1.8.7 is broken; the YAML
file describing the File class for ri has an empty superclass field.

There does seem to be some kind of bug with rdoc, however, because the
superclass still is missing when I generate ri files from the Ruby
source code with RDoc 2.2.0.  I'll investigate why this is happening.