On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 07:04:49AM +0900, Joe W?lfel wrote:
> It's interesting that array access using 'each' seems to be much faster on
> my machine.  In C, indexed-based for-loops are slow.  It's faster to
> increment  pointers.  Maybe it's similar under Ruby's hood.

Actually for loops are faster than `each`.  Since it doesn't
introduce a block, there's no extra scope created.  Not much faster,
but they are used in the computer language shootout, for instance.

You folks can argue all you want about the look of the `for` but
you're forgetting the utility of having two nice choices.  One which
creates scope and one that doesn't.  Don't let this Roodi lib boss
you around!  You can make up your own mind about things.

_why