Hi,

In message "Re: A question on Ruby Threads(Ruby2.0 & event loops)"
    on 02/01/17, Chris "boris" Ross <chris / darkrock.co.uk> writes:

|Ok, from the top of my head the minimal requirement I will be needing is:
|
|  Thread creation
|         deletion
|		 joining
|		 suspending/yielding
|
|  Mutex  creation
|         deletion
|		 locking
|		 unlocking

I guess it's easy to agree on this level.  The hard part is what you
save in the context etc.  The current Ruby thread saves a lot of Ruby
specific information.  Maybe it can be saved via thread individual
information (e.g. using pthead_setspecific()).

It may be good enough to define abstract threading API layer over
ptherad/win32 thread.  I still need to investigate the tecnology
(threading is still mystery for me).

|You will also notice (or soon will) that I borrowed some features from ruby
|that I think are excellent :)

Thank you.  And perhaps I will borrow something from your code.

							matz.