Tony Strauss <tony.strauss / designingpatterns.com> wrote:

>   * Fixed prototype detection in C parser.  Can process ruby 1.8 C files
>     again.

That's great news, because I downloaded the previous version of RDoc and
had it rebuild my ri documentation, because I wanted to obtain the new
yummy inheritance goodness where "ri File#read" was claimed to work at
last - but instead, because I am way back in the past using Ruby 1.8.6,
my documentation was completely mangled and has been lying dead on the
floor ever since.

Now, however, I have regenerated my ri documentation once again with
this new version of RDoc and things seem to be working just fine with
"ri". That's great! It's fast, and the new interactive mode is a great
help.

But there's just one thing. "ri File#read" still doesn't work ("Nothing
known about File.read"). Is this because the 1.8.6 source files are
faulty?

Thx - m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt / tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/