Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: [RCR] #59 Add fsync method to IO class"
>     on 02/01/17, Steve Lumos <slumos / slumos.lvcablemodem.com> writes:
>
> |I think fsync() is old POSIX and should be in every *nix.  fdatasync()
> |is part of realtime extensions in more recent POSIX and doesn't exist
> |everywhere (not on FreeBSD, seems to be the same as fsync() on Linux
> |(though I'm not a Linux person, and on Solaris 8 you have to define
> |_XOPEN_REALTIME and link with librt to get it).
>
> Thank you for useful information.  Does anybody know if they're
> available on Windows / Mac platforms?
>
> 							matz.
Windows has the function FlushFileBuffers

( http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/filesio_8wvn.asp )

that seems to be the equivalent of fsync.  Any Mac experts out there

that can suggest the Mac equivalent?  Also if you would like to help me
test the patch on Windows or Mac, please contact me via email.

There doesn't appear to any parallel to fdatasync in Windows.  Since
there is so little support for this functionality, perhaps it should be
dropped from this proposal.

Leslie
pretsel on #ruby-lang