Dave Thomas wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2008, at 2:42 PM, Suneel Suneel wrote:
>
>> Thank you everyone for taking time to search and reply. The instructor
>> is kind of adamant on citing professional references. As a result I've
>> changed my topic to something I can find a lot of references. I'm also
>> hardcore java developer planning to learn Ruby as the market is
>> saturated with java developers.
>
> You might ask your instructor how the first 10 papers got published if
> everyone had to cite at least 10 prior references.....

I think the idea is that it is very easy these days to steal papers and automate
what is essentially a composite stolen paper.  At least this way the teach can
get an idea the kid actually did the work honestly.  After all, in school, you
still haven't completely got out of the "get somewhere" crowd and into the "I'm
an engineer because I actually like doing that" crowd yet.  We older fogies
don't always see that context.

xc

--
No More Support For Liars!