From: David A. Black [mailto:dblack / rubypal.com]
..
>So all you gain, really, is not having to write "proc". I don't think
>it's worth it; I like the whole block/yield/iterator thing too much.

i like yield, too.  so much, that i want another yield.
how about yield_next to yield to the next block? we allow max of two blocks only..

>That's ugly, though -- you'd end up with a lot of empty ||'s.

it's not too ugly if it's not empty since we usually end up passing proc args anyway. in 1.9 we have ->{}, and as compared to {||}, we get same number of characters yet i still prefer the latter considering that i'm used to it and it's still is clearer/cleaner.

but anyway, this feature is no big deal to me. i'm even happy passing array of procs or just looping w each instead of select+map. it's just that sometimes i wish there was some way i code just type in easily like select+map combination in one simple streamlined fast code..

thank you for the discussion.
kind regards -botp