I am totally new to programming so this may sound stupid, but I would
appreciate help.

I am following along in the the Simply Rails 2 book and I am entering
classes etc. into the irb shell in the ruby console window. The problem
I am having is that sometimes I enter the wrong command and I can't
figure out how to exit the irb shell. I have tried typing "exit" and
that works sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't. The issue arose once
after I hit the Tab key and the other time i don't think i pressed
anything out of the ordinary.

Please see screenshot for clarification.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/2706/irb_shell_exit.JPG