On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Clinton D. Judy <cdj / goh-inc.com> wrote:

> So I'm just finishing my first year at a real job, and thinking about
> asking to go to RubyConf. I really don't have the money to pay for this
> out of pocket. I also know that this company sends TONS of people to
> heavy construction conferences every year (it's our business), so I'm
> sure that if I asked right, they would do it for me.

If you don't ask, they definitely won't pay for it, right? ;)

Make the best business case for it that you can, and if they say no,
well, at least you tried. The company that I work for doesn't like to
pay for conferences like these either (unless you're presenting), but
sometimes they will pay for at least *part* of your expenses.