Eric Will wrote:

> I'm not sure what's going on with the latest WxRuby.

Thanks for reporting it. Generally, queries about wxRuby are better
directed to the wxruby-users mailing list:

> Yesterday, my Vista
> machine at work did an update and suddenly all of my WxRuby applications had
> the Vista theme. That was nice, but they were also all crashing just by
> moving the mouse around them or resizing the window. So, I checked to see if
> WxRuby had a update, and so it did.

Information about wxRuby on Vista is welcome because I don't believe any
of the core dev team have access to this OS.

> Updating seems to have fixed the crashing;

Good news, though I've no idea why Vista's update should have broken it
in the first place, or why 1.9.8 should fix it again ;)

> however, after the update I started getting this error:
>
> warning: Unmapped event type 10092

This warning is generally harmless, and only appears if running under
-w. But please do report it on the wxRuby bugtracker, ideally with a
short, self-contained sample that reproduces it.

> But obviously that won't fix the event for anyone that relies on it (or at
> least, I don't think it will). So ultimately, I'm wondering if anyone out
> there knows which Wx::Event class this should be mapped to.

Consulting the wxWidgets sources, it seems it should map to
Wx::NavigationKeyEvent. This doesn't currently exist in wxRuby, but can
do. This is one of a number of classes which are in Wx, but not
documented in the C++ docs, so have to get picked up through the
warnings like that.

cheers
alex