Phlip wrote:
> Andy Joel wrote:
>
>> I have just recently tarted to look at Shoes, after a quick dabble with
>> Tk and Fox, and I really like its elegant style. However, there seems to
>> be no menu widgets, either built-in or indeed anywhere on the web that I
>> can find. This is a curious ommission.
>>
> Shoes is a challenge to you: Don't think inside the box. Don't ask how
> to put a
> menu between your users and your engine. Think instead about what kind
> of new,
> beautiful GUI would display and animate your features the best.

I prefer to be able to choose when I want to think outside the box.

Menus are a ubiquious part of GUIs; users know how to use them and what
to expect. If they want to save, they already know how to do that in
countless GUI applications across Windows and Mac (and I guess Linux
too). But not for a Ruby Shoes application. There is a good reason why
enus have been a part of GUIs for well over twenty years - they work
very well. I think this is a serious ommission from the toolkit, and it
surprises me that no one else on the web sees it that way.