> From: "John Carter" <john.carter / tait.co.nz>
>>
>> If I have a pair of Win2k Ruby processes bouncing UDP packets back and
>> forth...
>>
>> After awhile one of them dies with Errno::ENOTCONN
>>
>> The code works under Linux but not under Win2k, neither on ruby-1.8.6
>> nor 1.8.7.
>>
>> Any guesses? Suggestions? Workarounds?

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, Bill Kelly replied:
> Replaced connect/syswrite, with send:

I thought, hmm, I'm pretty sure thats what I tried first....

Anyhoo, I'll try your suggestion and...

...it worked!

> Hope this helps,

So I went back to the original code and saw we had...
   UDPSocket.open.send

Ping! Light goes on! Everytime we do UDPSocket.open we open an fd and
don't close it.

The mystik Errno::ENOTCONN arises because the open failed (silently)
because we had run out of file handles!

Thanks!

New Zealand