------art_23837_28781782.1221078417350

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 8:51 AM, James Herdman <james.herdman / gmail.com>wrote:

> > ** Set-like operations
> >
> > why? when would you need/want this?
>

> There's a project similar to the GP's called Runt that I used at work for a
> calendaring program.  This program had to handle expressions like "every
> 15th and 20th business day, effective July 20th, 1987".  I used Runt's
> set-like operations for that example.

What I'd really love for my current project is a library for recurring
events which had the same view of how to define them as rfc 2445 a.k.a.
iCalendar

There are a couple of gems which can parse and produce iCalendar format, but
neither of them handles the semantics of recurring events.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/