On Sep 10, 1:00 ¨Βν¬ ΝΑχιξιαςσλΌΝΑχιξιας®®®ΐηναιμ®γονχςοτεΊ
> Using Ruby in NetBeans I've got following error in separate cases with
> gems:
>
> <path>/<file>.so:1: Invalid char `\220' in expression.
>
> What is it about ?

By coincience, I stumbled over the exact same error message yesterday
while making a wrapper for some ruby scripts. It turned out I had
accidentally called ruby.exe with the ruby.exe executable as argument,
for example (simplified):

    system("ruby c:\\ruby\\bin\\ruby.exe")

'\220' is 0x90 HEX and the third byte (after two ASCII chars) in a
Windows executable or DLL. Ruby doesn't like that when attempting to
parse an executable.

Hope it helps,
Lars