On Sep 9, 2008, at 7:38 PM, Jason Cameron wrote:

> I'd like to have a GUI builder (preferably on Linux, or will run the
> built GUI on Linux) that's as easy as Microsoft Visu ... hey would you
> guys stop throwing things ...please? ... anyway as easy as that.
>
> That being said... Monkeybars seems to be the easiest way for me to
> build a GUI in Ruby thus far.  Hmmmm... I'll have to look at how
> plug-ins are done in Netbeans... It may let me automate creating a
> project with a form with Monkeybars.
>
> I'm just a Linux newbie so I'll just get back to creating my rinky
> dinky
> little apps in Ruby. :p  If someone ever does get around to writing a
> decent GUI builder for Ruby I predict the flood doors would open and
> you'd see everyone and their dog trying Ruby out.  Is that a good
> things?... (shrug)

Jason,
There's a GUI builder for Ruby already (JRuby, specifically). It's
Netbeans.
Netbeans has a GUI Builder that supports drag-and-drop of buttons,
panels, labels, etc. If you do it right, you can use your interface on
any platform.

We have some screencasts which are a little dated, but it'll give you
the gist of using the editor along with how you wire it up with
Monkeybars:
(near the buttom of the page)
http://monkeybars.rubyforge.org/docs.html

We also can be found in #jruby and #monkeybars on freenode.