I'd prefer Ruby and Qt4 (qt4-qtruby):

You can use Aptana IDE with Ruby for the Code, the Qt Assistant for
Documentation, and the Qt Designer to build GUIs with a graphical Tool.
Further i dont know any other way to build a GUI for Ruby with a Visual
Designer. Performance is quiet good, cause qt4-qtruby is just a
'Wrapper' for the libraries.

--
Otto Software Partner GmbH

Jan Pilz (e-mail: Jan.Pilz / osp-dd.de)

Tel. 0351/49723202, Fax: 0351/49723119
01067 Dresden, Freiberger Stra›∆ 35 - AG Dresden, HRB 2475
GeschÁ«tsfrer: Burkhard Arrenberg, Heinz A. Bade, Jens Gruhl