On Sep 4, 2:20   Į 㮮
> So ActiveRecord has failed me. The sqlserver module isn't complete, and
> I'm getting "zombie state" errors, essentially because Rails wants to
> maintain a connection to SQL server and SQL server is used to ASP.net
> making connections to the server for every request. (Yuck, but that's
> what I have to work with here.) Is there a ruby gem that's been
> maintained to use SQL Server better? I can't find one, but someone's
> gotta be working on one with how common SQL Server is.
>
> I don't even use most of the "cool" features ActiveRecord has as I have
> a DBA here who insists on using stored procedures for everything. That's
> an industry standard, but not the Rails way, and thus another roadblock
> in my Rails application.
>
> If there isn't anything, I'll research creating my own gem to do the
> task. Obviously I'd rather not duplicate efforts. Thanks!
>
> Clinton Judy
>
> Web Developer
>
> Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc.

I am too often in same situation. For this I use the activerecord-
sqlserver-adapter.
Kipping the business logic in SQL stored procedures is a product of
one development school.
Do not want to enter in discussion about pros and cons of that
decision but it a reality of life.
Thing that bother me even more is a column naming convention that is
usually used in MS SQL databases.
In almost all my Models has to explicitly define a table name and a
primary key name.

However, I have managed to communicate with MS SQL in satisfactory
faction.