Hi

Dave Thomas wrote:

> Dave Thomas <Dave / thomases.com> writes:
>
> > We have two basic methods,  Integer#div (the current behavior) and
> > Integer#divz, which truncates towards zero. Associated with these are
> > corresponding modulo routines, #mod (the current behavior) and #modz
> > (which is equivalent to remainder).
> >
> > Then, we have two 'personalities', which are actually just modules.
>
> btw. Andy tells me that this is horrible.
>
> In that case, I vote for Python quotients.

You could also cross-post a query on comp.lang.python about this, asking:
(1) why it was done the way it was done, (2) what the less-obvious
ramifications and trade-offs were, (3) whether it still seems like the
right thing to do in retrospect, and (4) what the implications were for
various Python numeric modules. (A similar inquiry might also be directed
to comp.lang.perl.misc and comp.lang.perl.modules.)

One possibly strong reason for copying Python quotients is to facilitate
the use and porting of Python numeric modules and programs.

--
Conrad Schneiker