Hi,

In message "A question on Ruby Threads"
    on 02/01/16, Markus Jais <mjais / web.de> writes:

|what exactly is a native thread?? (something using pthreads on linux??)

I meant thread library which is provided along with OS, i.e. pthreads
on many flavors of UNIX, Win32 threads on Windows.

|what is the advantage / disadvantage of the ruby approach to threads??

Ruby's is slow but portable.  It runs everywhere (even on plain DOS).

|are native threads faster??

In general, yes.

|Does anybody know, if the Python and Perl Thread implementations are similar
|to the ruby Thread implementation??

They are using native thread.  Python uses giant interpreter lock (I
think it still uses the global lock).  Perl uses per thread interpeter
struct.

							matz.