HI --

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Pedro Silva wrote:

> It wouldn't be nice if all these methods respect a unique arguments
> form. attr_* methods receive a symbol without the @ prefix, but
> *_variables_* methods receive @ prefixed symbols. Even class_variables
> or instance_variables return an array of strings, wouldn't be better if
> they return an array of symbols?

I guess so. I don't really care too much.

> I prefer the attr* notation, but what really matters is to have a unique
> invocation form. Does anyone think the same?

I'm not sure what problem you're trying to solve. Why should methods
that manipulate instance variables (@var), class variables (@@var),
and method-name roots (attr_accessor :m) all conform to the same
format, when the identifiers themselves don't?

David

   Intro to Ruby on Rails  January 12-15   Fort Lauderdale, FL
   Advancing with Rails    January 19-22   Fort Lauderdale, FL *
   * Co-taught with Patrick Ewing!