On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Tobias Reif wrote:

> Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>  > What do you mean exactly by "multiple files and locations" ?
> If I generate 10 classes, I'd like to be able to specify if they all go
> into one file, if they each go into one single file, etc.

Well, that's something you can specify when you eval() the result.

> There must be a misunderstanding. In my version, the indentation doesn't
> matter, but in yours:
> -----
> def make_getter attr_name
>    %{
>      def #{attr_name}
>      @attributes['#{attr_name}'].to_s.to_number
>      end
>    }
> end

That's because it does not work. I forgot to add eval in front of the
string literal.

>  > XML is tedious, at least for representing programs.
> I meant it looks tedious to generate programs, with all the ]]]]]s.
> Anyways: No matter what the internal representation is, I can imagine
> convenient methods for manipulating the "code tree", easy and REXML-like.

I meant that XML is more tedious than the [[[]]] syntax. Often it's 2-3
times more verbose. And in the case of the [[[]]] syntax there's at
least one person dedicated to make it less so (me).

I don't know REXML. (I expect you to eventually tell me what features you
need the most)

Mathieu Bouchard                   http://hostname.2y.net/~matju