Hi,

In message "Re: Request for Block local methods, and Proc syntax"
    on Mon, 1 Sep 2008 11:35:56 +0900, Patrick Li <patrickli_2001 / hotmail.com> writes:

|1) Block local methods:
|
|def myMethod
|  def myLocalMethod   #<-- myLocalMethod only visible within myMethod()
|  end
|end

In that case, if myLocalMethod can only be visible from myMethod, can
we say the receiver responds to myLocalMethod message, or not?  I am
afraid such "local methods" risk break the language's object system.

It's much easier to make such inner def to define a singleton method for
the receiver, and I have ever considered it, but I didn't get
confidence on the idea.

|2) Procs without proc keyword.
|
|Is there any reason why we need a proc keyword in front of a block?

This idea has risk to break the syntax.  Making keyword less braces a
block conflict existing syntax (a lot).  The idea should be realized
in the different language, I think.

							matz.
p.s.
Try not to change the language first.  Try bend it.