Is using a computer a requirement?

The simplest method to me seems (building on what Robert Dober wrote) is to
recognize that you want the lowest possible numbers for both the multiplier
and multiplicand, so you only need to test these 4 pairs of numbers:

356 x 47
367 x 46
456 x 37
467 x 35

Of course, trying to write a computer program to solve it is more challenging.

Randy Kramer
--
"I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead."--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.