Hi All,

My middle-school granddaughter posed the following challenge to me:

Within 10 minutes, Use the digits 3 to 7 in any order
to form a three-digit multiplicand and a two-digit multiplier
such that their product is minimal.

Out of curiosity as to whether my guess was right,
and with a view toward eliciting an interest in her
for Ruby programming,  I wrote the program posted at
http://www.pastie.org/266447

The program reveals that I was wrong, but it took me about 40 lines of
code,
ignoring comments.  That would probably overwhelm her.  I was hoping
that
the code could be condensed with Ruby-isms.  BTW, I left some put=92s in
there
intended to give her a sense of the programs functionality.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,
Richard