Hello all,

I'm using Ruby and Sequel on Windows to talk to a database on a Linux
machine.  The Sequel-to-MySQL connection is working fine -- I can save
and query for data no problems.  However, I'm trying to save a Ruby
object (an Array at this point) as a blob in the MySQL database and when
I do I get some crazy stuff going on.  The code I am running is below:

require 'rubygems'
require 'sequel'

DB = Sequel.connect 'mysql://test:test / 172.16.234.1/sequel'

DB.create_table :items do
  column :name, :text
  column :stuff, :blob
end

test = Array.new
test << 145.0
test << 231.56

b = Marshal.dump(test)

items = DB[:items]
items << { :name => 'Test', :stuff => b }

When I run this I get no errors at all.  However, when I move over to my
Linux machine where the MySQL server is running and do a 'select * from
items' query it looks like the blob data is overflowing out of the table
and my command line gets all jacked up (see the attachment).  The
command line stays jacked up even after I exit out of the mysql client
console.

Any ideas on why this is happening and more importantly how I can
successfully marshal a Ruby object to my database?!

--
Thanks!
Bryan

Attachments: