Tim Mcd wrote:
> So, I have been interested in working in YAML but have found a very
> little amount of ruby specific resources. I wanted to incorporate YAML
> into a basic MADlib engine for the heck of it, but I'm not to keen on
> reading the rdocs... can anyone give me a basic run through on how you
> would go about loading a file, and checking to see if it has the basic
> variables of things like 'story' and 'needed-words'?

If you have ri (or fastri or qri installed), you've got a good basic
intro. Here's the example from running 'ri YAML':

          require "yaml"

          test_obj = ["dogs", "cats", "badgers"]

          yaml_obj = YAML::dump( test_obj )
                              # -> ---
                                   - dogs
                                   - cats
                                   - badgers
          ruby_obj = YAML::load( yaml_obj )
                              # => ["dogs", "cats", "badgers"]
          ruby_obj == test_obj
                              # => true

See also YAML.load and YAML.dump in the ri docs.