------_extPart_001_01C90E89.75149DE6

So ActiveRecord has failed me. The sqlserver module isn't complete, and
I'm getting "zombie state" errors, essentially because Rails wants to
maintain a connection to SQL server and SQL server is used to ASP.net
making connections to the server for every request. (Yuck, but that's
what I have to work with here.) Is there a ruby gem that's been
maintained to use SQL Server better? I can't find one, but someone's
gotta be working on one with how common SQL Server is.

I don't even use most of the "cool" features ActiveRecord has as I have
a DBA here who insists on using stored procedures for everything. That's
an industry standard, but not the Rails way, and thus another roadblock
in my Rails application.

If there isn't anything, I'll research creating my own gem to do the
task. Obviously I'd rather not duplicate efforts. Thanks!

Clinton Judy

Web Developer

Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc.

------_extPart_001_01C90E89.75149DE6--