------art_3468_32647058.1220354364035

> I see this example over and over.. where are the equal's signs???
>
>  class Notifier < ActionMailer::Base
>   def signup_notification(recipient)
>     recipients recipient.email_address_with_name
>     from       "system / example.com"
>     subject    "New account information"
>     body       :account recipient
>   end
>  end

You need  igns for assignment. In ActionMailer those are implemented as
methods to make the syntax a bit cleaner. A more verbose way to write the
above using full method call syntax:

class Notifier < ActionMailer::Base
  def signup_notification(recipient)
    self.recipients(recipient.email_address_with_name)
    self.from("system / example.com")
    self.subject("New account information")
    self.body(:account recipient)

This is why Ruby is known for being a good language for writing DSLs
(domain-specific languages, ie mini-languages for describing specific
problems), since its method call syntax does not require 'self' and lots of
parentheses.

------art_3468_32647058.1220354364035--