"Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng" <hgs / dmu.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:Pine.GSO.4.40.0201151211370.15888-100000 / neelix...
> I have been trying to use Swig Ruby recently, and in attempting to
> understand it I have made some mods to the documentation, because others
> will also want to use it.  I have put the modifications at
> http://www.eng.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~hgs/ruby/Swig/index.html
> Can anyone else using Swig with Ruby tell me if this is about right?
> I have basically taken the stuff from the examples directory and aslo
> knowledge from reading README.EXT, and put them together...
> Hugh

I use Ruby SWIG quite a bit, but have not built anything in the manner you
describe using mkmf, so I can't comment on that.  Does the mkmf approach
work for C++ as well?

I do know that the page you modified is very new.  I believe Lyle Johnson
has just started on it.