----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Crowell" <crowell02 / lightandmatter.com>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 3:51 PM
Subject: Ruby gems?

> Hi all! I'm a Ruby newbie, and having just read the pickaxe book, I'd
> like to learn a little more by looking at a nontrivial, real-world Ruby
> app  that is written idiomatically, with good style and lots of comments.
> Can anyone recommend a ``gem'' of a program that I could examine
> and emulate? A big app is OK. I'd like something platform-independent
> so I'll be sure I can actually run it. (I use MacOS X.) Thanks in
> advance!

An interesting question... I'm afraid I don't have a great answer.
I'll be watching to see what other people suggest.

I would encourage you to spend some time browsing around in the
tree where you have Ruby installed... there are some samples there
and some libraries that are pure Ruby. Reading through those was
very instructive for me.

Hal Fulton