hi is it possible to use assert in your actual code i.e. not just in the
unit test but in say your class methods etc.

I tried to use it but ruby complains its not a recognised method for my
class. (i made sure to write require 'test/unit' at the top of my class
file.)

Unit testing is great for checking what methods return but Id also like
to check whats going on inside sometimes. Having the program stop and
tell me when something i didnt expect will also help to prevent bugs.

Is it possible. I googled and checked previous posts here but couldnt
find anything.