Hal E. Fulton wrote:

> Here is my list. (I think yours has some that are not
> really reserved, such as __FILE__.)

Hmm; they are included in the list in RiaN, p9.

>   break case class def defined

should that be "defined?" ?

> Actually, I'm questioning nil, true, and false also;

Why? (I think they are reserved words, and RiaN includes them in the list.)

> Of course, even a reserved word isn't really reserved.
> For example, you can define a method called "in"
> if you wish. It's a matter of context.

In a generated set of classes with sets of methods, Ruby choked on
method names "in", "begin", and "end" (could also have been "in=" etc.),
so I simply avoid anything that could cause trouble, and use different
names where collisions could occur.

RiaN says: "These reserved word may not be used as constant or local
variable names. They can, however, be used as method names if a receiver
is specified."
Can anyone provide examples for this?

Tobi

--