Hi Andy,

If you are using 'Mongrel' as your webserver (possibly this also works
on Webrick?) than you could at least set up your HTTP servers on a
per-NIC basis (I think..)

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/web/mongrel/files/README.html

Has an example that appears to say 'listen on all NICs' (0.0.0.0).

So you could listen separately to each NIC with a different web-server
(and share a single web-app )...the trick is how to divert your
different users to each NIC though? I'm not sure how Ruby (or any
runtime) is going to be able to do this without some sort of
load-balancer sorting this out.

Maybe you could have one NIC dedicated as your 'incoming' request card,
but then send back different URLs (which map to the different NICS) back
to your client...but that would probably cause chaos for cookies etc...)

Dunno if that gives you any ideas or not...sorry if I'm way off track !

Cheers

John