Ravi Katta wrote:

>    Hi,
>
>     how to resize the images in rails app?
>     i want 400X300 size images to display in my app.But if user enter
> 600X800 how to resize the image without effect on clarity?
>
>   now i am using this code
>
>      image =
> Magick::Image.read("#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/gallery/#{review_img}").first
>      selected_image = image.crop_resized(400,400)
>      selected_image.write("#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/gallery/#{review_img}")
>
>    But it extract height and width.i dont want to extract only resize
> the image.
>    any suggestion are appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> ravi.

First, resizing 400x300 to 600x800 changes the aspect ratio.  The image
will appear "squashed."  Second, scaling up will always involve some
pixelization, blurriness or other unwanted things.  Third, you can have
the web browser do this for you.  See the width and height attributes to
the img tag.

--
Michael Morin
Guide to Ruby