From: "Chris boris Ross" <chris / darkrock.co.uk>

> I find that starting off with meaningful identifiers and making sure that I
> get those right from the outset tends to remove my focus on the issue - which
> is getting a block of code working.
>
> I am by no means saying that I am correct :) Just highlighting the way I
> (badly?) go about things :)

This does seem to point to an interesting difference of approach.
The idea of having to focus to get a block of code working: taking
a look at the one-liner and two-liner methods Mr. Jeffries posted
in [31085], such as:

  def backup
    timeString = Time.now.strftime("%Y%m%d%H%M%S")
    filesUnderManagement.each { | each | backupFile(each, timeString)}
  end

. . . to what extent would focus be the dominating factor (to the
exclusion of naming considerations for instance) in getting a "block
of code" of this size working?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Just a thought.  (It seems to me that
"focus on intent" may have a way of illuminating small blocks of
code or phrases that can be "made to work" obviously. . . . Of
course one has to put them together in meaningful ways, and the
'intent' shapes a heirarchy . . . of such phrases,  . . . or
something.  ;-)   . . . . Hmm, again just a thought.

Regards,

Bill