> Yeah I was expecting them to continue until told to quit! Is there a
> way to repeat cases in ruby without dancing around it?

There probably are but my personal habit these days is to use two
methods

one that handles the whole loop like so

loop {
  result = get_user_input
  break if result == :exit
}

and in that other method call it again and again until it returns
:exit (or evaluate other results if needed).
In my experience everything can be rearranged to be in some methods
which can be controlled and called in any way that is needed to
get the desired functionality. Simply make a method for the case
menu and invoke it again if you need it, testing your input
against it choices.