On Monday 25 August 2008 05:08 pm, Stefan Rusterholz wrote:
> Seems I did a bad job in advertising Chronos :)

Sorry, I haven't read all the details here, but I wanted to mention that when
I worked on business / process control applications, I found that the best
way to deal with DST (and time zones) and so forth, was to always do
everything (within the computer) based on GMT (well, except when we based it
on a monotonically increasing counter/timer).

Then, for display and/or reporting purposes, we converted to local time
(including adjusting for DST, if appropriate).

Randy Kramer
--
"I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead."--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.