From: reuben doetsch [mailto:hjast89 / gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 12:33 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: A Mascot...

how about everyone just waits for Matz to say something, everyone is
just
saying, "Matz this, matz that, matz said blah blah", let's just wait for
him
to say something or maybe some one ask him. It is true that most large
scale
OS's or Programming languages have some symbol.
         For the peopel that say that it is not necessary, the mascot is
not
for anyone on this mailing list, because, obvsiouly, we are on this
mailing
list because we are passionent about Ruby. The logo and masoct should be
used so people new to programming or Ruby have a association in there
head
with Ruby plus something interesting or cool. The human mind remembers
images much better than it remembers words, or facts. So, instead of
someone
saying, "What is that great dynamic languages with every feature I want"
and
not remembering the name, they think to the logo and the logo connotates
the
name. This is how many poeple who can remember a lot of things remember
them, with images that connotate the word to be remembered.

Reuben