> What you find silly might now be silly to another, else there wouldn't
> have been such a long discussion about a topic which was run through
> before.

Most posts are not in favor of a mascot from what I have read of this
thread. This is probably why there isn't one to begin with - and I
hope it stays that way.

> A logo and a mascot are a few of the essential items to forming a
> community,

Funny, that an essential item has been missing all these years yet
there are and have been many Ruby communities in existence at this
very moment.

>it helps to rally the members better.

???

Last time I checked, Ruby was a programming language, and the members
of its community were bound by their use of the language, not by
whether or not a cartoon mascot existed.

I can think of no programmer worth his salt who would need a cartoon
mascot to "rally" with others in a "better" fashion.

This is about the code.